Monday, May 07, 2007

Journey called Life...(Part 38: Prayer)

www.thinplace.com

Its been quite some time since I prayed, and ever since I had been getting more and more off track from the path. Maybe the enemy within* had managed to sway me away all along. On Wesak Day, on Tin Song's advise, I get myself to do a short Puja** session in honour of Lord Buddha on the day when he is born, gained enlightenment and passed off into Nirvana.

And that was the time when i realized that I had never been so calm for such a long time. Its a miracle that a short prayer had brought myself back along the path, along with the reminder that traveling along path that challenges us as a living being to the limits. Most importantly, the short prayer had brought along much insight about my shortcomings, and that I must strive to work on them...

And calmness is the quality that brings along lots of benefits. It allows me to check my emotions before venting out and ending up hurting people. It allows me to check my intentions if they are bad. And most importantly, its the quality of great Prophets in the past.

As for me, I shall keep to my aim in life, doing the little I could to bring along happiness to the people around me, and making this chaotic world a happier place to live in...

This is my prayer and wish, may all be well and happy always~

Time to go back to my meditation, c'ya

seehua
A Prayer of Compassion
May i become at all times, both now and forever,
A protector for those without protection,
A guide for those who have lost their way,
A ship for those whit oceans to cross,
A bridge for those with rivers to cross,
A sanctuary for those in danger,
A lamp for those without light,
A place of refuge for those who lack shelter,
And a servant for all in need

~His Holiness the Dalai Lama~

No comments:

Post a Comment